Opening for Full-Time and Contract Paralegal
Our fast-paced Family Law Firm in Spicewood is growing and we are looking to hire an experienced full-time Paralegal and an experienced part-time Contract Paralegal. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. You will find more information below about the positions, requirements, and qualifications associated with these openings
About Us and the Job
Are you passionate about helping people?
We are looking for an experienced paralegal to grow our legal team. When our clients hire us, they are going through an emotionally difficult period in their lives, and our goal is to help them make their lives better. Our Paralegal will interact and build relationships with our clients, while supporting our attorneys with legal research, drafting memos, pleadings, motions, and orders, and preparing for hearings and trials. This position requires the combination of empathy, experience, and skill..
If that sounds like you, you will play an integral role in creating memorable experiences for our clients. This position involves administrative duties related to drafting and case management, as well as interpersonal duties to assist the firm in providing a high standard of service to our clients.
Other requirements include the following:
- You should know how to draft petitions, orders, discovery and all the other documents involved in family law. We use FormBuilder and have our own templates, but you should be able to choose the right one and build the first draft.
- Family law is messy, and there is often no right or best answer. Even gathering the information can be difficult. You will need to be creative, organized and efficient to do your job well.
- We all make mistakes, and we allow for that, but a penchant for accuracy and attention to detail are required to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients dearly.
- You will be working on many cases concurrently, over long periods of time. We expect you to keep track of key dates, keep the right people informed, and prioritize your time so that we never miss a deadline.
- You should treat a case at 4:30pm on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning at 9am.
- Our clients are dealing with massive stress and anxiety. You should be empathetic and help put them at ease.
- We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running. We are not looking to train a paralegal, we want a paralegal who can train others.
- We are a high-tech office, with both Macs and PCs. This should not scare you.
The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, an ability to relate with people in crisis, a good sense of humor, and love cats.
The Paralegal position is full-time with the option of setting flexible hours and the ability to work from home for part of the time. The Contract Paralegal position is as needed.
Does this sound like you?
We seek exceptional people who want to become part of our team. To us the word “team” means we win together and we lose together, so your contributions to our overall profitability and reaching our goals include anticipating problems, proposing solutions, and just generally demonstrating that you are ready to join us through thick and thin. Your contributions will be recognized, appreciated, and rewarded. If you are motivated by overcoming challenges and personal, professional, and financial growth, then this could be the right place for you.
Ready to Apply?
Ready to apply? Great! Send us an email with your name spelled backwards in the subject line and attach your resume with a list of references. Please also state whether you are applying for the full time position or the contract position. Send the email to email@example.com. If you don’t follow the instructions correctly, you will not receive a response from our hiring team.